just player fix for DoVi files?

Moderators: The Chef, cg0

Ossk

just player fix for DoVi files?

Post by Ossk »

Thanks Diggz for the gift of these builds been absolutely loving them for years now.

One smash hit for me was the “use JustPlayer for Dolby Vision files” fix that was in “Quick Fixes” until recently. I found this a smooth and seamless way to enjoy DoVi content. Now without it though, I find Kodi kicks me out fairly often when just trying to watch any 4K content (even when using HDR links, as Kodi doesn’t support DoVi as standard anyway). I have a Shield TV (tube) running Planet Diggz 3.0, currently updating to 3.1. I also use Umbrella with Debrid mainly.

I’d really like to get the option to use JustPlayer for DoVi back on my device. If this isn’t going to be added back into the quick fixes section, can anybody advise me if there is a way to add it myself to the build? Is it available on some other repo for example?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
cg0

Re: just player fix for DoVi files?

Post by cg0 »

Kodi Omega supports Dolby Vision:
https://kodi.tv/article/kodi-omega-alpha-1/
Android:

Improved Dolby Vision detection and compatibility: implemented support of DV in MKV containers, better handling of different DV profiles with fallback to HDR10 when is possible and display is not DV capable. For some devices, we can now also support hardware tone mapping DV profiles 4, 5 to SDR. Supported profiles vary on different Android devices: for example, the 2019 Shield supports profiles 4, 5, 7, 8 in DV and fallback to HDR10 (profiles 7, 8) but not HW tone mapping to SDR. Similarly, the Fire TV Stick doesn't supports profile 7 although it does support HW tone mapping of profile 5 to SDR (profiles 4, 5, 8 are supported with DV display).
Kodi Nexus DV support via Maven's Kodi:
https://diggz1.me/forum/viewtopic.php?t=36

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Return to “Diggz AIO Debrid”