Freezing/Locking Up Xenon Plus

Moderators: cg0, The Chef

z0ne3

Freezing/Locking Up Xenon Plus

Post by z0ne3 »

Hello,

To start, excuse my ignorance on this matter. I am not new to Kodi, but now just recently started to get back into it. I have installed Xenon Plus with the Kodi 20.2 Nexus on a 2019 Nvidia Shield Pro. The install went smooth. I authorized my RD, Premiumize, and Trakt. Now, I have a soundbar that is capable of following:
Dolby Atmos (Dolby Atmos encoded Dolby TrueHD & Dolby Atmos encoded Dolby Digital Plus), Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Digital
DTS:X, DTS-HD Master Audio, DTS-HD High Resolution Audio, DTS Digital Surround, LPCM 7.1, LPCM 5.1, PCM 2.0. I have enable passthrough and checked everything under Kodi Settings>System>Audio. When I try to play a movie (doesn't matter what addon), it will do the scraping and I choose whichever I feel my network can handle. I have 1gb fiber. Anyway, doesn't matter how large or small of a file I choose, it will either lock up the app and freeze until I have to manual unplug the shield or if it allows me to back out then I will force close it afterwards or it doesn't do anything like I didn't even pick a file to play. When I open the app up, it crashes on the first try and loads on the second. Even after I clear cache. Excuse me for being all over the place with this. I have done a full fresh install of Xenon Plus to have the same results. I have rebooted my router/modem, shield, and switches. Yes, I have network switches to run hardwired throughout the house. Yes, the shield is hardwired. Yes, I even reset my shield and loaded up only Kodi just to see and same result. I don't know if I am the only one with this issue, I just hope it is something I missed and so simple that I can be like man, that's all I had to do...lol. Anyone please help. I can try provide you any additional information if needed or results on your suggestions that I have not already done. Oh, I did the advance settings for the shield also, with and without the settings change. Lastly, I was trying in on movies addons with Umbrella, Seren, and Fen mainly.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
wwmoggy

Re: Freezing/Locking Up Xenon Plus

Post by wwmoggy »

settings - Apps - Kodi force close Kdo & clear cache. do the same to any other apps you had opened then reboot. open kodi wait 4 to 5 minutes . I do this every time I exit Kodi and any other app on my shield

I use the TDUK app killer and TDUK Cache cleaner to automate it . both are in the playstore.

use SSDs for internal storage and addon no Thurmb drives they overheat are not made to used that way

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
z0ne3

Post by z0ne3 »

wwmoggy wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 2:40 am settings - Apps - Kodi force close Kdo & clear cache. do the same to any other apps you had opened then reboot. open kodi wait 4 to 5 minutes . I do this every time I exit Kodi and any other app on my shield
Yeah, I have done that and that still didn't work.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
wwmoggy

Post by wwmoggy »

Working great on 2017 & 2019 pro also on a firetv tablet

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
wwmoggy

Post by wwmoggy »

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
z0ne3

Post by z0ne3 »

wwmoggy wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:19 am I am running the lastest 9.1.1 hotfix from nvidia on my shields https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/forums/shield-tv/9/522242/shield-experience-upgrade-911-hotfix-image/
I'm running just the regular 9.1.1

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
z0ne3

Post by z0ne3 »

wwmoggy wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 2:40 am settings - Apps - Kodi force close Kdo & clear cache. do the same to any other apps you had opened then reboot. open kodi wait 4 to 5 minutes . I do this every time I exit Kodi and any other app on my shield

I use the TDUK app killer and TDUK Cache cleaner to automate it . both are in the playstore.

use SSDs for internal storage and addon no Thurmb drives they overheat are not made to used that way
I use a thumbdrive, but the app is installed on the internal storage and not the thumbdrive. It is an extension, but if if I remove the thumbdrive, Kodi is still functional as it is installed on the shield.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
z0ne3

Post by z0ne3 »

*MODERATOR*
I don't know how to remove this [SOLVED] as it is not solved. I clicked on something on accident and now it shows as solved, but it is not. Can you please have this removed? Thanks!
Last edited by z0ne3 on Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
The Chef

Post by The Chef »

Ok, well, I also use a Shield and see no issues like this, although I dont use a soundbar or any extra drives connected to the Shield, so not sure about that. I would first try to narrow down the issue. Are you using official Kodi 20.2? Or a different version of Kodi?? Have you first tried running the build without the external drives connected and connected directly to the TV without the soundbar and without messing with the sound settings first? Try the basics first then try to narrow down what is causing the issue.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
z0ne3

Post by z0ne3 »

The Chef wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 3:56 am Ok, well, I also use a Shield and see no issues like this, although I dont use a soundbar or any extra drives connected to the Shield, so not sure about that. I would first try to narrow down the issue. Are you using official Kodi 20.2? Or a different version of Kodi?? Have you first tried running the build without the external drives connected and connected directly to the TV without the soundbar and without messing with the sound settings first? Try the basics first then try to narrow down what is causing the issue.
Yeah, normally I would find the culprit and get things working. This time I am stumped. I am running Kodi 20.2 from the downloader provided in the group and then added the source afterwards to get the Chef Nexus Wizard. I have not tried to connect it directly to the tv yet. I can try to connect it to a monitor I have and see if I get the same results or not.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Return to “Diggz Xenon Plus”