skin

Moderators: cg0, The Chef

BGB

skin

Post by BGB »

This happened to me last night. Paused a tv show to answer the phone and when I came back this was on the screen. Clicked the Fix Me Now option but did not work. I reinstalled the build and it worked fine but had to do the usual tweaks. FS 4k max gen 2. I do not believe this was device problem. Edit..Why in the midst of a tv program?
Kodi screwup.jpg
Kodi screwup.jpg (3.6 MiB) Viewed 628 times

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
SOQuaker4866

Re: skin

Post by SOQuaker4866 »

I have similar setup and I haven't lost the skin, but if I leave the room for too long after starting up Kodi/Xenon or if I pause while watching a movie and am gone too long, then the screen saver pops up and I have to re-start Kodi/Xenon.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
BGB

Post by BGB »

Yeah I tried restart but the same screen came up. no big deal as i just re-installed but I would like to know why this happened. Thanks for the reply.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
The Chef

Post by The Chef »

Yep, when you pause a video, Kodi continues to build video cache to ram. Firestick will crash and close the app that is consuming too much ram since Firesticks have such little ram to use in the first place. This can also be more of an issue if you messed with advanced settings. Advanced settings makes the device use more ram to buffer more video. DELETE any advanced settings you have set in the build to avoid this.Or get a better device with more ram.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
BGB

Post by BGB »

Ok that explains it. Thanks Chef.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML: