Getting Kodi to recognise my SSD Card

Moderators: cg0, The Chef

dennisw

Getting Kodi to recognise my SSD Card

Post by dennisw »

Hi,

First off apologies if this is in the wrong section or indeed in the wrong place altogether but I just need to know.

I have an Nvidia shield pro 2019 and added a 1TB SSD Samsung drive to it acting as internal storage.

Now this drive is not directly plugged into my shield as I also use a Samsung Evo plus 64GB microSD SDXC U1 class 10 A1 memory card 130MB/S Adapter 2021 which is attached to my shield and the SSd drive is attached to it.

The current path in Kodi is Currently it states that the path is this xbmc.data=/emulated/0/Android/data but I'd like it to be something like this

xbmc.data=/storage/sdcard1/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files

I tried using Xplorer and even created a plain text file called: xbmc_env.properties but hit a brick wall when trying to create a path statement like:

xbmc.data=/storage/sdcard0/external_sdcard/kodi_data

when i try to type =/ it just disappears. Besides I could not find a folder /mnt/sdcard/

sdcard in mine had 0b

I then tried to partition my SSD as was advised to do in this video to disastrous results as my screen just went black no matter how many times I rebooted even without SSD card. Finally I had to factory reset which was not nice.

I am not sure if I am allowed to post the youtube video on here or not but I'll adhere on the side of caution and not do so.

Anyways the gist of it was to partition my 1TB SSd card using a Remote ADB shell which like I said did not end well.

Bottom line is that i would like Kodi to recognise the fact that I am using an external storage which I do not think that it is currently doing.

If this is something you know how to do Id be very grateful if you talk me through it or direct me to where I could find the answer I am looking for

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
The Chef

Re: Getting Kodi to recognise my SSD Card

Post by The Chef »

dennisw wrote: Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:04 pm Hi,

First off apologies if this is in the wrong section or indeed in the wrong place altogether but I just need to know.

I have an Nvidia shield pro 2019 and added a 1TB SSD Samsung drive to it acting as internal storage.

Now this drive is not directly plugged into my shield as I also use a Samsung Evo plus 64GB microSD SDXC U1 class 10 A1 memory card 130MB/S Adapter 2021 which is attached to my shield and the SSd drive is attached to it.

The current path in Kodi is Currently it states that the path is this xbmc.data=/emulated/0/Android/data but I'd like it to be something like this

xbmc.data=/storage/sdcard1/Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files

I tried using Xplorer and even created a plain text file called: xbmc_env.properties but hit a brick wall when trying to create a path statement like:

xbmc.data=/storage/sdcard0/external_sdcard/kodi_data

when i try to type =/ it just disappears. Besides I could not find a folder /mnt/sdcard/

sdcard in mine had 0b

I then tried to partition my SSD as was advised to do in this video to disastrous results as my screen just went black no matter how many times I rebooted even without SSD card. Finally I had to factory reset which was not nice.

I am not sure if I am allowed to post the youtube video on here or not but I'll adhere on the side of caution and not do so.

Anyways the gist of it was to partition my 1TB SSd card using a Remote ADB shell which like I said did not end well.

Bottom line is that i would like Kodi to recognise the fact that I am using an external storage which I do not think that it is currently doing.

If this is something you know how to do Id be very grateful if you talk me through it or direct me to where I could find the answer I am looking for
I dont understand, if your already using a 1TB SSD as internal storage, why would you also want a 64GB flash drive? And I dont know what you mean by
"I have an Nvidia shield pro 2019 and added a 1TB SSD Samsung drive to it acting as internal storage.
Now this drive is not directly plugged into my shield as I also use a Samsung Evo plus 64GB microSD SDXC U1 class 10 A1 memory card 130MB/S Adapter 2021 which is attached to my shield and the SSd drive is attached to it."
??This makes NO sense, how can you be using the 1TB SSD as internal storage if its not directly plugged into the Shield?? You cant unplug internal storage. I have no idea what your trying to do or why you would be trying to use 2 storage devices. Just use the 1TB and format it as internal storage and forget about the 64GB card. You can only use 1 USB port according to Nvidia for SSD storage.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
dennisw

Post by dennisw »

It is an adapter. The adapter is attached to the shield and the 1TB is attached to the adapter.

Without the adpater whenever I reboot the SSd card takes about 45 seconds to reconnect but with the adapter it takes 5 seconds to reconnect if that.

The adapter does not affect the SSd card in terms of being used as an internal storage.

Apologies this is probably not the right place to ask for this kind of help

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
The Chef

Post by The Chef »

dennisw wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 1:29 pm It is an adapter. The adapter is attached to the shield and the 1TB is attached to the adapter.

Without the adpater whenever I reboot the SSd card takes about 45 seconds to reconnect but with the adapter it takes 5 seconds to reconnect if that.

The adapter does not affect the SSd card in terms of being used as an internal storage.

Apologies this is probably not the right place to ask for this kind of help
Ok, so your using a USB hub. Is it a powered USB hub? If its not powered, it might not have enough power to run 2 storage devices.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
dennisw

Post by dennisw »

Yes it is powered but that is not my issue as even when the SSd card was directly in my shield I still had the issues that I am asking about in that Kodi is not recognising my SSD card

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
The Chef

Post by The Chef »

dennisw wrote: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:42 pm Yes it is powered but that is not my issue as even when the SSd card was directly in my shield I still had the issues that I am asking about in that Kodi is not recognising my SSD card
Maybe your terminology is throwing me off. A SSD means Solid State Drive, a USB Flash drive is a stick. Is the 1TB an SSD or a flash drive?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Bobkatjo

Post by Bobkatjo »

Hi to get Kodi to recognize your USB using Nvidia Shield go settings (Not in Kodi but main page of Nvidia -

then go to apps,

next click onto Kodi app,

scroll down to permissions and click onto it,

then go to Files and Media, now you should be in the Kodi App permissions,

now check / click onto (Allow all the time) now go back out and make sure under (Files and Media that Allow shows up) if not go back in and try again until Allow stays checked....NOTE sometimes it takes 3 tries.

Now when you go back into Kodi it will recognize your USB.

Hope all works out for you. :b

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Return to “Chef Wizard”