Playback skipping?

Moderators: cg0, The Chef

nycmusakman

Playback skipping?

Post by nycmusakman »

Not sure of best way to describe the behavior other than RD playback skips, staggers, stutters not sure how else to describe it. it does completely stop occasionally too but mostly just skips during playback. Just started in last few weeks on Xen 2.2 using Umbrella mostly but have tried others and always using RD. Internet speed is fine on Shield Pro and having the issues I think since upgrading to Xen 2.1 and also have it on 2.2

Not sure if anyone has ideas but i have tried the standard, router, device reboot, wipe K0di and start over etc. but still does it sporadically on playback. I even tried limiting sources to under 1GB but still happens even wit smaller file sizes. Also tried changing HQ scaling but not fixed. Any input is greatly appreciated. TIA

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
The Chef

Re: Playback skipping?

Post by The Chef »

Only thing I can think of is a weak Wifi signal, or maybe you messed with advanced settings and thats causing it. If you ever set advanced settings in the past and updated your build, the wizard saves your advanced settings, so the problem might keep coming back. Go to Xenon Tweaks/Advanced settings and DELETE advanced settings....
Attachments
Screenshot_2.png
Screenshot_2.png (699.91 KiB) Viewed 812 times

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
nycmusakman

Post by nycmusakman »

I'm hard wired / ethernet so don't think it's that but good idea about Advanced Settings, I'll try that. Thanks!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
nycmusakman

Post by nycmusakman »

unfortunately still skipping but i deleted advancedsettings, rebooted, re config advancedsettings and rebooted again. Should i just delete advancedsettings and not recreate it?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
The Chef

Post by The Chef »

nycmusakman wrote: Tue Jan 30, 2024 11:38 pm unfortunately still skipping but i deleted advancedsettings, rebooted, re config advancedsettings and rebooted again. Should i just delete advancedsettings and not recreate it?
Yes, delete it. Dont use Advanced settings.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
The Chef

Post by The Chef »

And then click Xenon Tweaks/1080/4K switch and switch all addons to 1080P..
Attachments
Screenshot_3.png
Screenshot_3.png (687.7 KiB) Viewed 799 times

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
nycmusakman

Post by nycmusakman »

Thanks as always for the feedback.. Quick update: Seems to be a bit better, just occasional skips. I DEL the AdvancedSettings but also changed HQ Scale settings so need to change that back to try and confirm with change fixed it. will reply asap - Thanks again!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Jpm69

Post by Jpm69 »

I had this problem too and after a few weeks I finally found my solution.

I was overloading kodi with PVR from the free iptv stuff (Pluto, samsung etc). Once I deleted the pvr set up it all went back to normal.

Hope this helps. It may not be your PVR set up but maybe you are overloading kodi some place else. I am using an Nvidia shield tv pro and Onn 4k box in case it matters. Both had the issue only when PVR was set up.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Return to “Diggz Xenon Plus”