Kodi keeps crashing

Moderators: cg0, The Chef

Colonnelli71

Kodi keeps crashing

Post by Colonnelli71 »

Recently purchased a 4k Amazon Firestick after not using one for a few years. I jailbroke and installed Kodi v21 Omega and using Diggz Xenon build. I attached my RD account to all the necessary add-ons. I am using Nord VPN. I watched all of Fallout with zero issues. Yesterday I was off and tried to watch some movies. No matter which addon I used Fen, Magic Dragon, Seren they all randomly stop playing the stream and close to the main Firestick menu. I've tried different movies and shows, same problem. I have hardware acceleration disabled. I also have 600mb high speed internet and no problems gaming or using other streaming services like Netflix. Is it my cache? I don't experience freezing or buffering it just randomly stops and closes Kodi. Any help would be appreciated.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
The Chef

Re: Kodi keeps crashing

Post by The Chef »

Same story with Firesticks. 90% of problems are from Firestick users. Many users say Firesticks crash if PVR client is installed. So if you installed PVR TV Guide, try uninstalling it. If you can still return the Firestick, do it. Especially 4K firesticks are garbage with Kodi. Ive heard better things about the Firestick 4K max, but I would never get any Firestick because of all the crashes it has with Kodi.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Colonnelli71

Post by Colonnelli71 »

The Chef wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 8:40 pm Same story with Firesticks. 90% of problems are from Firestick users. Many users say Firesticks crash if PVR client is installed. So if you installed PVR TV Guide, try uninstalling it. If you can still return the Firestick, do it. Especially 4K firesticks are garbage with Kodi. Ive heard better things about the Firestick 4K max, but I would never get any Firestick because of all the crashes it has with Kodi.
What would you suggest is the best device to use with Kodi/Diggz Xenon? I do have a gaming PC but I'd like to hook something up on my 4k TV. Any help is appreciated as I'm kinda a noob at this.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
adaniels0530

Post by adaniels0530 »

I switched over to 4k max and 4k cubes. Works great!

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Aligaye69

Post by Aligaye69 »

hi,
Could you kindly let me know if you've found a solution to the Firestick issue ?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
cg0

Post by cg0 »

Peeps with firesticks may benefit from the wiki, search for "firestick tutorials", "Kickouts", "Firestick Nexus kickouts".

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Return to “Diggz Xenon Plus”