Takes too long to load

Moderators: cg0, The Chef

dennisw

Takes too long to load

Post by dennisw »

Hello,

I am using Nvidia shield pro 2019, use Virgin Media 950Mbs and connect via Ethernet but ever since I started using builds ie different forms of Diggz builds Umbrella especially, Seren sometimes and just lately POV take too long to load.
Far too often I get the busy signal when it is going from 1 episode to another if I am watching a TV series.

Sometimes I have to force close Kodi just to start all over again. It does get real frustrating as I thought it was because in the past I was not using 64bit kodi but I am not fork 21 64bit and I am still experiencing relatively high waiting times.

Please advice

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
The Chef

Re: Takes too long to load

Post by The Chef »

dennisw wrote: Fri Nov 24, 2023 7:07 pm Hello,

I am using Nvidia shield pro 2019, use Virgin Media 950Mbs and connect via Ethernet but ever since I started using builds ie different forms of Diggz builds Umbrella especially, Seren sometimes and just lately POV take too long to load.
Far too often I get the busy signal when it is going from 1 episode to another if I am watching a TV series.

Sometimes I have to force close Kodi just to start all over again. It does get real frustrating as I thought it was because in the past I was not using 64bit kodi but I am not fork 21 64bit and I am still experiencing relatively high waiting times.

Please advice
Guessing its a Virgin Media problem, I use my Shield all day without any slowdown issues. Are you using the addons directly, or are you using TMDBH and choosing a player? Try the addons directly without TMDBH.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
dennisw

Post by dennisw »

Addon directly so perhaps it is Virgin media like you suggested as they are trying to make life difficult for those that stream using not so legal sources.

I shall try using VPN and see if it makes any difference, If it does then I'll know for definite that is VM

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
The Chef

Post by The Chef »

dennisw wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:36 pm Addon directly so perhaps it is Virgin media like you suggested as they are trying to make life difficult for those that stream using not so legal sources.

I shall try using VPN and see if it makes any difference, If it does then I'll know for definite that is VM
Or just test with a different wifi connection, like your phones wifi hotspot.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
dennisw

Post by dennisw »

Actually it was not VM it was eminence skin and the use of widgets as I tried Xenon and it was not anywhere as bad

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Return to “Umbrella”