Post by cg0 »

Fk1.jpg
Fk1.jpg (110.92 KiB) Viewed 2462 times
Fk2.jpg
Fk2.jpg (142.88 KiB) Viewed 2462 times
Fk3.jpg
Fk3.jpg (301.82 KiB) Viewed 2462 times
By Dave Morrison:
Don't know about you all but I have 4-4k sticks in my house all running Planet Diggz with no kickout issues. So I figured I'd share how mine are setup.

This first part is stolen from a firestick group I belong to.
Basic firestick settings.
To disable external market links, in-app purchases, and notifications on your device:
Press the home button on your remote to bring up the main menu.
Select the "Settings" option.
Scroll down and select "Applications."
Select the "Appstore" option.
Scroll down and select "External Market Links." Select "Don't Open"
Select "In-App Purchases" and choose "Off"
Select "Notifications" and choose "Off"
To disable device usage, disable interest-based ads, enable "Do Not Interrupt" and disable video and audio autoplay:
From the main menu Settings, select "Preferences."
Scroll down and select "Privacy Settings."
Select "Device Usage Data" and choose "Off"
Select "Interest-Based Ads" and choose "Off"
Select "Notification Settings" and choose "Do Not Interrupt"
Select "Featured Content" and choose "Off" for both "Allow Video Autoplay" and "Allow Audio Autoplay"

The rest of this I've added from my own experience on the 4k stick. Still the best solution in the fire tv line is a 3rd gen cube as mine runs flawless. But some of these may help for those of you with kickout issues.
First off I'm using official 20.1 from Kodi.tv. I always delete install files in downloader after the app is installed.
As soon as Kodi and Diggz build is installed before starting kodi back up. Go to Preferences>notification settings>do not Interrupt (turn on)>app notifications. Turn off notifications for kodi.
Also go to display and sound>display>video resolution (change to auto) and turn on match original frame rate.
Lastly in Kodi video settings. PD/Xenon tab>Player>videos>processing. Disable both hardware acceleration tabs.
Another thing is I don't use live tv on kodi with the exception of the occasional PPv using the sports addons so don't install pvr or any of the live tv addons. I also keep VOD addons to a minimum and only install the debrid addons I actually use.
Before I stream I always do a quick restart of the firestick from my Fire tv to make sure any apps running in the background are completely exited and not eating up RAM.
Even though the stick is 4k I filter out all 4k streams and keep the 1080 streams to a maximum of 9 gigs for movies and 4 gigs for tv shows.
No idea if this will help you. If not perhaps you should try another device but it works for me.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Return to “Tips”