Changing widget sets & associated addons -Xenon skin

Moderators: cg0, The Chef

boognish

Changing widget sets & associated addons -Xenon skin

Post by boognish »

Hello!

I know the repos are down but I'm relatively certain my question is completely unrelated. I know I've successfully done it in the past, but it was probably going back to Jarvis or Krypton. Either that or I'm just slipping. Anyway, I think I found where to make the necessary changes (Skin settings→Home menu→Select menu item→Widget set) but clicking on the currently configured widget set brings up a limited list and none of the 8 options feature any add-ons or anything that could otherwise provide content source related widgets (i.e., movies, series). It would appear that the "custom widgets" option is the way to go but it would also appear that you need to know and enter the full path to the plugin and blindly searching so far hasn't been fruitful. I see that the current widget set (for Debrid Zone) is Custom: plugin://plugin[...] but I can't seem to locate that particular path. I've found several plugin folders within "special://[...]" but I'm struggling to find where "plugin://" originates.

Also I'm sorry if this has been covered previously, I did perform a search for "change widget set" but it didn't turn up anything but a thread instructing how to make some changes to MEC, which I do use but not on the device in question. Plus it didn't appear to touch on my issue specifically, anyway.

If anyone has happened across this issue and come out on the other side, I'd very much appreciate any pointers. If it's at all helpful or relevant, I was initially looking to configure Fen:movies(preferably "trending recent") as the Debrid Zone widget set but any RD addon will suffice, as long as it's movies only - this is my only complaint about the currently configured widget set. I prefer movie widgets over a mix of both movies and series(plus older content is often featured. I like the classics just as much as the next guy but I can go in search of those without much trouble but new releases/trending content is a bit tougher to keep tabs on, thus why I prefer trending recent movies ;) ). I can see from the widget set path that it's set to "IMDb:both" but without knowing the full path for movies only, I'd just be making stabs in the dark.

Thanks in advance (and for putting up with my long-winded nature!)

Edit - this is for Planet Diggz but I'm using the Xenon skin, so if this would be more appropriately posted in the Xenon sub-forum, feel free to relocate or I can delete it and repost if needed. I suspect it's of little consequence since I believe what I'm inquiring about will be roughly the same regardless of build or skin

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
cg0

Re: Changing widget sets & associated addons -Xenon skin

Post by cg0 »

Last night our server broke the embedded videos and I have to replace everything with links, like this, gradually:
https://forum.diggz1.me/viewtopic.php?p=273#p273

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
boognish

Post by boognish »

Thanks, Costas! I'll check it out and reply if anything isn't clear but I anticipate it'll contain all the info I need.

Ps- so are you implying that had the server not crapped out, the post you linked would've been returned with my search for "change widget set?"

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
cg0

Post by cg0 »

"change widget"

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
aolfish

Post by aolfish »

I was playing around in the skin settings and lost my Widget set for my Addon section. How do I get it back ? Any way to rearrange order or hide particular widgets?

Thanks

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
cg0

Post by cg0 »

This widget uses a Kodi addons folder shortcut -not a custom Super Favourites folder you can edit to add/remove addons manually, so you can't hide or rearrange addons.
Here's how to restore addon widgets:
🔸
Click on widget set -yours should be empty.
a1.jpg
a1.jpg (154.1 KiB) Viewed 5022 times
🔸
Select this:
a2.jpg
a2.jpg (216.35 KiB) Viewed 5022 times
🔸
Type this -"Custom: " is already typed:
a3.jpg
a3.jpg (202.16 KiB) Viewed 5022 times

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
MAKeller

Post by MAKeller »

boognish

The paths can found by using the File Manager. Use it just like you would Windows File Manager to find files on a Windows PC.
It's the commands that are a little harder to figure out. I use the Kodi wiki to help me figure out which commands I need.

MAKeller
MAK Services Rotonda West FL

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
The Chef

Post by The Chef »

boognish wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2023 6:19 am Thanks, Costas! I'll check it out and reply if anything isn't clear but I anticipate it'll contain all the info I need.

Ps- so are you implying that had the server not crapped out, the post you linked would've been returned with my search for "change widget set?"
To make this simple, you can add any widget you want easily. Just open the addon you want and add whatever section in that addon you would like as a widget to Kodi Favorites. Then in skin setting click widget set and choose custom favorite and choose the favorite you added. It will show as the widget.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
xTiNa

Post by xTiNa »

Accidentally removed the sports widget set (that has different add ons for each sport). Does anyone have the custom command that comes standard with the Xenon Diggz install?

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
The Chef

Post by The Chef »

xTiNa wrote: Thu Aug 15, 2024 2:47 pm Accidentally removed the sports widget set (that has different add ons for each sport). Does anyone have the custom command that comes standard with the Xenon Diggz install?
Attachments
Recording #78.mp4
(8.63 MiB) Downloaded 630 times

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Return to “Diggz AIO”