PVR guide causing crashing

Moderators: cg0, The Chef

Knowledgeablegamer

PVR guide causing crashing

Post by Knowledgeablegamer »

i had been dealing with the kodi app crashing on me for days at first I thought it was TVOne 11 and TVOne1112 , I was skeptical at first of it being the the pvr guide, I even tried with the iptv simple fix and it still crashes the next day, this is just from my experience and I suspect something broke in the coding of the pvr guide...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
The Chef

Re: PVR guide causing crashing

Post by The Chef »

Knowledgeablegamer wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:17 am i had been dealing with the kodi app crashing on me for days at first I thought it was TVOne 11 and TVOne1112 , I was skeptical at first of it being the the pvr guide, I even tried with the iptv simple fix and it still crashes the next day, this is just from my experience and I suspect something broke in the coding of the pvr guide...
Depends on the device your using. Mostly Firesticks/Amazon devices crash using the PVR guide. I use an Nvidia Shield and a Windows PC and PVR never crashes.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Knowledgeablegamer

Post by Knowledgeablegamer »

The Chef wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 1:28 am
Knowledgeablegamer wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:17 am i had been dealing with the kodi app crashing on me for days at first I thought it was TVOne 11 and TVOne1112 , I was skeptical at first of it being the the pvr guide, I even tried with the iptv simple fix and it still crashes the next day, this is just from my experience and I suspect something broke in the coding of the pvr guide...
Depends on the device your using. Mostly Firesticks/Amazon devices crash using the PVR guide. I use an Nvidia Shield and a Windows PC and PVR never crashes.
thanks for letting me know my main device for kodi is the firestick/amazon devices, I have came up with the alternative to avoid using the pvr guide or even installing it due to the crashing

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
PEcclesia

Post by PEcclesia »

I'm having the same issue with crashing on the same device. Is the only solution to avoid using the PVR? Can I still use live TV from add-ons? I haven't been able to get any live TV tonight. Ty for the help.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
The Chef

Post by The Chef »

PEcclesia wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:53 am I'm having the same issue with crashing on the same device. Is the only solution to avoid using the PVR? Can I still use live TV from add-ons? I haven't been able to get any live TV tonight. Ty for the help.
For Amazon devices, you can try going to Settings/Player/Video and under the processing section disable the two hardware acceleration options (Surface codecs). Amazon devices like to crash with hardware acceleration.
Attachments
Screenshot_7.png
Screenshot_7.png (722.29 KiB) Viewed 1370 times

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
PEcclesia

Post by PEcclesia »

Hello, Chef. I deleted the data for Kodi and did a fresh install of Diggz Xenon Plus, reauthorized Real Debrid, and didn't setup the PVR & I've had no crashes. I will give your suggestion a try and hopefully the PVR player is still an option. Thank you for all you do :thumbup:

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
dMo1

Post by dMo1 »

See this under tips as well. One of the things mentioned is not to use the PVR and just access the add-ons instead.
https://www.diggz1.me/forum/viewtopic.php?t=160

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
mygica

Post by mygica »

I must report that I was experiencing the same issue. But I will start by thanking everyone for the amazing work you do putting this together.
I have a Nvidia Shield TV Pro (Last one released) with android 11. Kodi v20.3 and did a Fresh Start, after clearing cache and data on the app, I installed Xenon Plus 2.1 (Default Home screen)
I noticed that I was setting the individual apps to my desired settings the menu would sometimes freeze and cause Kodi to crash and exit. I dismissed it and after a couple of crashes I finished setting my device up. When watching a movie, it kept crashing as well. After trying a different movie, I decided to check the forum and found this posting.
I decided to remove the IPTV Simple Client and after rebooting, the crashing stopped, and I was able to watch the rest of my show without any issues.
I can live without the TV Guide and call the previously aired shows through some of the apps found in the build so this is not a major issue. I do understand that you guys do this on your spare times, and it should not be your responsibility to fix it. Please do not take this as a complaint or demand of any sort. I just wanted to report this as it may assist narrow down whatever the issue may be. And perhaps, help others that may be experiencing this crashing issue. Best Wishes…

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Wyromeo

Post by Wyromeo »

Not sure if I am the only one with this issue but, Since 2.0, seems everything i watch (especially live tv), It keeps crashing and kicking me out. I've tried re-installing the build, re-installing KODI, clearing cache, Updating IPTV, resetting my modem and router...Everything I can think of, and it still does it...on ALL 6 of my devices.

please help

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
The Chef

Post by The Chef »

Wyromeo wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 5:39 pm Not sure if I am the only one with this issue but, Since 2.0, seems everything i watch (especially live tv), It keeps crashing and kicking me out. I've tried re-installing the build, re-installing KODI, clearing cache, Updating IPTV, resetting my modem and router...Everything I can think of, and it still does it...on ALL 6 of my devices.

please help
Did you read anything above? Never crashes on my Shield or PC. Are all your devices Firesticks?? Maybe your using external storage, or a Kodi fork? I dunno.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Return to “Diggz Xenon Plus”