Playback freezes after 10secs

Moderators: cg0, The Chef

Ant62

Playback freezes after 10secs

Post by Ant62 »

Hi all....
I have not touched Kodi since the Jarvis and Krypton days and how that worked never stayes with me.
Anyway I have now got Kodi 20.3 installed on my 2019 nvidia shield pro and the Diggz Nexus..

Now im struggling to try and get anything to play longer than 10seconds and then it freezes..
Everything is unresponsive including the shield..

I hand a scandisk extreme thumbdrive installed and Kodi is on the internal storage.......

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
The Chef

Re: Playback freezes after 10secs

Post by The Chef »

Well, the obvious thing to do is install it without the thumbdrive. Especially if the whole Shield is freezing.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Ant62

Post by Ant62 »

Well it was not obvious to me but i will try later and see what happens..

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
The Chef

Post by The Chef »

Ant62 wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 8:08 pm Well it was not obvious to me but i will try later and see what happens..
Lol, didnt mean it like that, im just saying the thumbdrive is the only thing thats different, and thumb drives arent the most dependable to use for internal storage. SSDs are recommended.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Ant62

Post by Ant62 »

"Lol, didnt mean it like that, im just saying the thumbdrive is the only thing thats different, and thumb drives arent the most dependable to use for internal storage. SSDs are recommended."

I didnt take that way either🤣.

I am stumped as to why this is happening but then again I am.not that technically minded...

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Ant62

Post by Ant62 »

Removing the thumb drive doesnt help at all.
One Kodi load up screen i get searching for external storage when the drive is unpluged..
I added siren to the addons and i got a video to play for 15secs and then that crashed..

Do.other apps.on the shield cause issues with Kodi like tvimate, iptv smarters....

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
The Chef

Post by The Chef »

Ant62 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 1:36 pm Removing the thumb drive doesnt help at all.
One Kodi load up screen i get searching for external storage when the drive is unpluged..
I added siren to the addons and i got a video to play for 15secs and then that crashed..

Do.other apps.on the shield cause issues with Kodi like tvimate, iptv smarters....
Well, you would need to revert the internal storage setting on the Shield back to default FIRST, so the Shield isnt looking for the thumbdrive anymore. Then probably need to reinstall the build.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
The Chef

Post by The Chef »

Its obviously an issue with your setup, lots of people use Shields. I use a Shield every day with the builds with no issue. I dont have any storage devices attached.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
Ant62

Post by Ant62 »

I have managed to get various links to play while trial and error etc.
The ones that do not play are most probably bad links that is my conclusion......

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links
The Chef

Post by The Chef »

Ant62 wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2024 6:00 pm I have managed to get various links to play while trial and error etc.
The ones that do not play are most probably bad links that is my conclusion......
Not playing is one thing, but freezing Kodi and the Shield shouldnt happen.

Link:
BBcode:
HTML:
Hide post links
Show post links

Return to “Diggz Xenon Plus”